A vegan marketing campaign is any plan of action designed to achieve a goal of a company for results in the vegan or plant-based market. The goal could be increasing awareness for a vegan-friendly product, service, business or organization, driving new revenue, or helping with a turnaround.
Vegan marketing campaigns are different.
The key steps required to run a marketing campaign in this sector are:
- Define the purpose and goal of the campaign.
- Decide how to measure the campaign results.
- Select the target audience within your potential plant-based consumer market.
- Craft the campaign message and theme to connect vegan-related buyer motivations to your business.
- Decide how you will reach your target audience.
- Decide how and when you will publish or launch your campaign.
- Decide how your marketing will drive the desired action (e.g. calls to action, landing pages, lead forms, upsells in check-out etc)?
- Choose the metrics that you will monitor.
- Decide how you will assess the campaign.
- Do it!
Beyond general marketing good practice, a successful vegan marketing campaign needs four things:
- Niche themes such as animal welfare, health, humanity and the environment.
- Majority use of the term “plant-based”, with a small inclusion of ther term “vegan”.
- A buyer persona and content designed primarily around non-vegans. They represent the largest share of the market for vegan food and other products!
- A unique value proposition (UVP) underpinned by careful social proof.